FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Still in Brookings, OR

We spent so much time at the McDonalds catching up on computer stuff, that it got too late to look for a tent spot south of town, plus the weather started deteriorating again, so we decided to motel it last night. We are staying at the Wild Rivers Motel in Brookings, a nice place with free wifi. We will be here again tonight and maybe tomorrow night, as the weather reports are not good. I don't like riding in heavy rain and strong winds. I don't think it is safe and it is definately not fun. Light rain or intermittant showers are not a problem. Weather.com indicates heavy rain and wind for tonight, solid rain for tomorrow, and 50% chance of rain on Monday, coming down to 30% on Tuesday.

Candy has gone out walking around looking for a place to get a haircut. I haven't shaved or gotten a haircut since about two weeks before we left Silverlake. I think I am just going to let it all keep growing, until I startle adults and frighten small children.

I think I may go shopping for a digital camera. Candy carries our only camera, so she takes the bulk of the pictures, with the result that she is seldom seen in the pictures on the blog. One of our readers has complained that she never sees pictures of Candy. I want to change that, so that means I will have to be taking pictures also.

While at McDonald's yesterday, I met a retired gentleman named Larry Williams that does volunteer work driving a shuttle bus up and down the Oregon coast. He is apparently very well off and does it to stay busy and useful. He told me that he had seen us several times as we made our way south along 101, and was hoping that he would get a chance to check us out when we reached Brookings, which is where he lives. He is going to be purchasing a luxury motorhome soon and will be traveling the desert southwest this winter, and is hoping to meet us again down there. I hope we do meet him again, as he is a very nice fellow and interesting to talk with. Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter