FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tahkenitch Lake

Oct 24th finds us in a nearly deserted campground overlooking Tahkenitch Lake, just off 101, south of Florence. We are in the middle of the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, an incredibly beautiful part of the coast. We stopped by a place that rents atv’s and other vehicles to play in the dunes, but since all they had were individual atv’s, Candy decided she didn’t want to be brave enough to ride her own machine out into the dunes with me, so we bagged it and continued on down the highway. We had our picture snapped at least three times today by different people we came across. One was a guy that passed us, turned around and came back, stopped on the opposite side of the road and snapped us. We have a pretty good climb ahead of us tomorrow, according to our map. We should easily reach Reedsport by mid-afternoon.

I can’t say enough about how much approval and validation we get from folks we meet. Nearly every time we stop we get to talk to people that just seem drawn like moths to a flame to our machine.

We went for a short walk in the woods next to our campground after dinner tonight, and noticed some of the many different types of mushrooms coming up through the pine needles. I would like to try using some of them in my camp cooking, but I don’t dare until I get a book and learn about them. I am probably walking right by some delicious eating Chanterelles and such. Ron.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi kids, just wanted to let you know that i'm staying up with you and tell everyone I know about you. Keep having fun, love you both, Mom

9:20 AM  
Blogger Candy and Ron said...

Thanks Mom. Love you lots, Ron.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter