FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Florence, OR

Rolled into Florence about two hours ago, scored a cheap room with free wireless internet, had a decent Mexican meal. Now I feel like taking a nice afternoon nap. The last two days of riding have been really good, with terrific warm, sunny weather. We are now closer to the California border than the Washington border, so we are more than halfway down the Oregon coast. We are probably setting the world's record for the slowest cycling trip of the Oregon Coast, but I don't care. We are both visibly losing weight, seeing fantastic scenery, meeting lots of nice folks and feeling like we really can do this.

Florence seems to be a sweet little town, but is destined to change a lot in the next 10 years, as I understand it was selected as the top place in America to retire recently. The motel manager told me that real estate prices have already skyrocketed.

We decided to spend two nights in a motel here in Florence just because we have spent every night in a tent since Lincoln City and we feel like everything is just kind of clammy and damp. Our clothes, sleeping bags, etc. Plus, I need to do a little maintenance on the trike. The right front disc brake caliper pads are not retracting all the way, so they drag on the disc a little. It's probably the salt air and sand. Should be an easy fix. And there is a bike shop in town if I need it. More later, Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter