FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Random Notes

Sitting in the lobby of the Liberty Inn in Lincoln City, OR. I just wanted to post some of the things that have changed with the load we are pedaling. I still think we are carrying too much stuff. We have sent numerous items back to home base, but then we have also added some items since we started. Candy decided we had to have a bigger tent, so we bought one in Tillamook. It weighs over 12 lbs. Vs our other tent weight of around 4 lbs. But it is nice to have the extra room. We can bring everything except the trike itself in out of the weather. We will post some pictures of it soon. We shipped the smaller tent back home for a net gain of 8 lbs. I think I have more clothing than I need. I think I have more tools than I need. I am thinking about sending the notebook computer home, and just using public libraries or hotel computers to check email and post to the blog.

We have gotten our food down to just a few things that are easy to prepare that we both like. Breakfast when we camp is instant oatmeal with sliced bananna and instant coffee with creamer and sweetener. Lunch and energy snacks, if we don't eat at a cafe, is banannas and peanut butter or apples and p.b. and maybe some candy or an energy bar. Supper is usually the Zatarains brand of boxed rice and beans with some fresh vegetables and summer sausage or jerky or pepperoni tossed in. Sometimes it's canned chili with cheese on top, or Candy's fave, macaroni and cheese with ketchup on it. I love mac and cheese, but the notion of ketchup on it kind of grosses me out. So I just don't watch when she eats her portion. Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter