FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pacific City, OR

Arrived in Pacific City yesterday afternoon. Had a really steep, tough pedal over Cape Lookout. Lucky for us that it is the worst grade we will have to conquer on the Oregon Coast, according to my cycling map. Nice to know that we have that out of the way. We found a really nice little county park to camp in, Webb Park, right off the main street of Pacific City. Only 5 bucks to pitch a tent. I am kind of borrowing the nearby motel's wireless bandwidth to post this. I still have not gotten comfortable with my air mattress. I toss and turn a lot, trying to keep the lower backache away. I think as I loose weight and get fitter, the problem will take care of itself. Candy has no problem with hers. It rained off and on through the night last night, but no rain yet this morning. Weather is kind of misty and damp, as though you could get wet just walking through the air. Typical coastal weather, actually not bad for cycling. I think we will probably make it to Neskowin today.

As usual, we attract attention almost everywhere we park. We must have spent a good half hour talking with people in front of the Pelican Brew Pub about our trike and trip when we arrived yesterday. Well, that's all for now. Next post will probably be from Neskowin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter