FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SAYING GOODBYE

Saying goodbye to the Tri-City area is harder than I thought it would be. I'll be leaving the greatest bunch of friends I have ever had. Phyllis started the whole thing. She hired me at Kadlec Medical Center. She's had her own set of troubles this past four years and yet she didn't give up on me. She encouraged me at work when things were rough, helped me keep incidentally in perspective. She bought a new home after her husband died, she walked me through the home before the walls were up. The room in this picture was furnished in memory of Tom and is my favorite room in her home. What you don't see is the fire place and window seat. She is kind of a nag, calling me when she had several gals over to learn how to make pie. She found out that Ron is a computer nerd and had him fix her computer, television, stereo, garage door and...Payment was always in dinner, deserts, movies, conversation and an undercurrent of love. She has a daughter at home with her, DeDe, who is about as loving as her mother, a young girl wise beyond her years. Devon, a young man that found a friend in Phyllis and knows what time dinner is served an stops by a lot. These three are among the many I will miss: Rochelle,
Kathleen, Mary, Bob, Dr. Hannon, Dr Qiu, Robert, Marie, Eric, Suze and many more. Thanks for dinner and


GOODBYE
Candy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter