FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Sick and Tight







Candy and I rode the trike over to Richlands' Howard Amons waterfront park last night, mostly at my request. I was craving more of the attention that the trike brings every time we ride it. Well, we rode right through a group of kids in the 12 to 15 year old range, clustered near the bike path, just hanging. As we rode by we heard "Whoa, that is Sick" and "That is the tightest f**king bike I've ever seen! Those were the two most memorable comments. It made the trip over the river worth it. If that age group thinks it's "sick" and "tight", then I guess that's "cool" enough for me. I've never gotten that kind of reaction from teens even while riding my Harley.

We got some more ride related errands done today, but not much else. Getting the packing done just seems a little overwhelming and hard to get started on. I guess the key is to bite off a piece of it every day. We haven't signed any papers on the sale of our house yet, so I suppose the offer could still fall through. Once papers are signed, though, we will have to get serious about getting the house emptied.

My next major trike preparation task is to figure out the Sigma bike computer. Then after that I want to figure out how to mount my battery powered satellite radio and gps. I will probably use Ram Mounts. When I get it all done I will post pictures of the little tweaks and things I've done to it for our 3 year trip. Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter