FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thoughts from Astoria

We will probably be in Astoria through Sunday the 2nd. We have developed a mechanical problem with the gear shifter on the trike that needs to be fixed. I can barely turn the shifter to select a gear.

It is raining again, but we have some new poncho's and rain pants to try out. There are a bunch of fools running across the Astoria Megler bridge for a charity event, in the rain, if you can believe it. Just kidding of course. I wish you could have seen both of us when we arrived in Astoria two days ago. We walked into the Safeway on the east side of town looking like we had just crawled out of the river. We left puddles of water wherever we stood. One Safeway employee gave me the usual cheerful greeting, but I thought I saw a faint look of alarm in his face, as if he were concerned we might be homeless folks looking for shelter...

We stayed there a good two hours eating and drying out in front of the gas fireplace in the deli eating area. I am now a fan of Safeway.

Our room at the motel is a disaster area. Like two teenagers living in it.

I am itching to get on the road again. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter