FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Leaving Tillamook Tomorrow


We have had a nice rest in Tillamook at the Shiloh Inn, but need to get on the road tomorrow. Hopefully the spare shifter cables for the Rohloff Hub will be at the Post Office. Candy's sister Claudia and her friend Ed drove down for a visit yesterday. Candy calls her "the stalker", as we have seen her several times on our route since we left. We purchased two pairs of compact binoculars today, the better to take in the awsome Oregon coastline. We also purchased a larger tent to try out. I was satisfied with the small one, but Candy thinks it's too small, which it probably would be if we were stuck in a campground waiting out a storm for several days. The new tent is heavier, but may be worth it. We'll see. Also purchased a weather band radio to stay aware of any severe weather headed our way. I installed two new tires, the heavy thorn resistant tubes and slime on the front wheels. I think the original tires that came on the Greenspeed are great for casual riding, but not up to the loads we are carrying and debris I have been running over. The Greenspeed rims are holding up great, with no sign of a problem, even though I've smacked some pretty good holes in the road.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Ron,
Glad to hear that you guys are still doing okay.. where are going next? Do you have a cell number we can reach you at..in case of an emergency. Don't seem to have a good number for you..Katie couldn't even call you on your birthday..anyway you guys take care. I do check up on your progress. GOOD LUCK...
keep pedaling!!

Jeanne

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog has hit a few women specific news groups so be mindful of posting personal info like phone numbers!

also want to drop you my note of encouragement. think you two are doing great out there! keep your chin up.

cheers
kat

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter