FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Tad's Property

Oct. 28.  Spent the night on private property just south of Bandon.  Candy had struck up a conversation with an older fellow named Charles in a store and deli where we stopped  for supplies, and we just happened to see him again later on down the highway at a house that was under renovation, just as we were needing to stop for the night.  We stopped to say hello again and ask if we could camp there, as there did not appear to be any public camping ahead of us.  Charles was actually not the owner of the property, but did point out the fellow swinging the hammer on the house that was being renovated.  His name was Tad.  Tad turned out to be a really nice guy and was happy to help us out.  If Candy had not taken the time to make a friend named Charles at the store, I don’t know where we would have camped that night.  We hit the sack without a hot dinner, just ate some cold food, then slept for about 12 hours.  We broke camp early with no breakfast, just snacked on some cheese and other stuff.  Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter