FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

North Bend/Coos Bay

North Bend/Coos Bay

Oct 26. We had our best day ever today, mileage wise. About 28 miles from Winchester Bay to the south side of North Bend. Too tired to set up camp, we coasted into a cozy little motel, unloaded our gear into the room and ordered pizza. We expected to be rained on a lot today, but got pleasantly surprised by a mostly sunny ride. Not a single shower hit us.

On our way through North Bend, we were stopped twice by folks wanting to know about our machine. The first stop was on a quiet residential street, where we let a couple take the Greenspeed up the street. They came back gushing about cool it was, how easy to ride, how natural the riding position feels. Things we’ve heard before of course. The second was two older fellows in a van that pulled over and walked back to us. As we came closer, they asked if we would be willing to stop for a moment to talk with them about the trike. Of course, we did. We are always willing to do that.

As we were leaving Winchester Bay this morning, a lady walked by us and remarked that our vehicle didn't look very comfortable. It always amazes me a little that anyone looking at the trike would not just intuitively know that it would be much more comfortable for long rides than the standard upright "ass hatchet". Plus it's ten times as cool. Not a day goes by that we don't hear people shouting from their cars, "Cool Bike, Man", or get a thumbs up, or a short toot of the horn and a wave. It's become a normal everyday part of our ride. I sometimes feel like a minor celebrity. Ron.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candy Richey wants a picture of the two of you on the trike. Please e-mail by November 11 to vbugler@qwest.net. Claudia

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter