FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Bandon

Oct 27.  We are camped at  Bullard state campground just north of Bandon.  It is raining as I am writing this from my sleeping bag.  Hope we get to break camp without the rain in the morning.  

The bicycle route from North Bend to Bandon really, really sucks.  The route does not follow 101 for this section, and I don’t know why.  Whoever is responsible for routing cyclists on Seven Devils Road should be beaten with a large stick.  The road has no shoulders the entire length, no scenery to speak of, unless you like to look at timber clear cuts and numerous illegal garbage dumps next to the road.  Plus it has numerous short, very steep grades, with tight corners, especially the first climb out of Charleston.  If I had known the nature of the road, I would have stayed on 101, no matter how heavy the traffic.  I guess the single saving grace of the Seven Devils Road is that traffic was light.  Ron.

P.S.  Morning came with broken blue skies and no rain in sight.  Got a late start on the road.  Very tired, probably only go a short distance today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kids !! We SO enjoy reading your blog reports. We just got home from hunting in Eastern Wash up by the Canadian Border. Got a mule deer and white tail. Glad to be home and looking forward to thanksgiving dinner at Deep River. I leave for Oklahoma Nov. 30th with my remaining siblings to give Roy some lovings and company. Will write again--Love, Cal and Denise

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter