FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Whaleshead Beach Resort



Nov. 3rd. We arrived yesterday at the second gift from Claudia as we were winging down a hill at 35 mph, 7 miles north of Brookings. Whaleshead Resort is a beautiful spot set on a hillside overlooking Whaleshead Beach. See www.whalesheadresort.com. At the moment, a windstorm is blowing sheets of rain against the picture windows of our cabin, and it feels good to sit inside this cozy little place and watch as Mother Nature rages against the glass, trying to get in. I just heard a weather report on tv that says this is a major wind and rainstorm hitting the entire Northwest coast all the way down to San Francisco. Gusts up to 98 mph were recorded at Cape Blanco, not far north of where we are now. I think we are seeing gusts up to 40 or 50 at our cabin.

Pedaling the highway from Gold Beach OR to Brookings yesterday we had gorgeous weather and rode by many beautiful overlooks of the rocky Oregon Beaches. I think the southern coast of Oregon is my favorite section. The weather is warmer and the highway has wider shoulders, meaning safer, less stressful riding for us.

We were originally planning to stay only one night, courtesy of Claudia, but the predicted storm arrived early in the morning and really left us with no choice but to purchase another day here. I am not complaining about being here another night. The cabins are all privately owned, and beautifully furnished and decorated by the owners. It’s like staying in a friend’s home, not an impersonal motel room. Our unit has a deck overlooking the ocean, with a spa, which we hopped into almost as soon as we arrived yesterday. It was sheer bliss, sitting in the spa with Candy, sipping my favorite beer after a tough day of pedaling up and down the hills. Depending on the weather, we will probably be leaving tomorrow, which is Friday the 4th of November. Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter