FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Friday, November 04, 2005

The Witch of Humbug Mountain St. Park

Nov. 1st. This is our second night at a cottage in Gold Beach. The first night was paid for by Claudia. I guess I have to back up a little. We were camped at the Mt. Humbug State Park a few nights ago, when a witch walked into our camp about 4 pm in the afternoon. I was just waking up from a nap in the tent, and I could hear “trick or treat, trick or treat”. Outside the tent was woman in costume as a witch, invading our camp. Of course it turned out to be Claudia. Candy identified her by her toes.

Claudia the stalker had found us once again. Of course it’s not difficult to find us if you read the blog. So after spending the night at a motel in Port Orford, she joined us for coffee and sticky buns in camp the next morning. Then, under the pretext of just wanting to visit Brookings because she had never been there, she took off south while we packed and hit the road on the trike. About 11 miles of pedaling and 3 hours later, she met us for lunch at a rest stop with food and the keys to a rented cottage in Gold Beach and a reservation for another room in Brookings. What a wonderful thing to do for us. Plus, we found our favorite refreshments in the fridge when we got to Gold Beach. Corona beer for me and pre-mixed margarita’s for Candy.

So we were supposed to be in Brookings today to use the second room she got us, but when we woke this morning in Gold Beach, it raining sideways, with gusts up to 40 mph. We opted to pay for another night in the cottage, so I called Brookings and changed our arrival date.

Unless the weather is really bad, we’ll be leaving for Brookings in the morning. The climate is noticeably warmer here. Even saw some palm trees here in Gold Beach. Must be the mutant variety. We have a really big hill to climb right out of the box, so it should be a fun run down the other side into Brookings. The trike screams on the down hills. We hit 41 mph on a downhill a couple of days ago. Adios till next time, Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter