FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Good Morning Merry Sunshine

Good morning Merry Sunshine,
How did you wake so soon?
I saw you go to sleep last night
Before I ceased my play.

I never go to sleep, dear child,
I just go round to see
The little children of the East
That rise and watch for me.

I awaken all the birds and bees
And flowers on my way.
And now to come back to the child
That stayed up late to play!

November 10, 2005 We are camped in the Elk Prairie State Park in California.

After traveling through Redwood forest all afternoon, pedaling mostly uphill, we stopped early. Delighted to find that Elk Prairie lives up to it’s name. A herd of elk were grazing, not in the prairie but in the camp ground. We went to sleep to the sounds of elk bugling and the racks of two bucks knocking against each other…wondering if this was practice or the real thing as they would tangle for a moment and then graze for two. I thought how typical of the males I know…sex, food, sex, food.

Last night's experience is not what brought Grandma Jokela’s song to mind, it getting up before daylight and watching Merry Sunshine arrive!

The whole area was covered in fog so thick that the dew was dripping off the trees and bushes like rain drops. The elk and bunny rabbits were grazing even closer to us than last evening. The sun started showing it self across the prairie and over the top of the trees in black and white shadows. Then it disappeared in the fog, while in the opposite direction the tall trees were bright and basking in the sun light.

While I drank coffee and thanking God for the beautiful morning, the sun started to shine through the trees. Just a tiny spot, that slowly got bigger, sending a ray of light onto the prairie floor…suddenly the small ball of light turned rainbow colored…just for a moment... long enough for me to see the Glory of God. Then the world exploded to life! Birds, hundreds of birds, flit and fluttering from tree to tree eating breakfast, talking to each other. A red headed woodpecker is foraging for food above my head and distracts me as I type. The dew sparkles like strings of diamonds on the cob webs. A most obnoxious Blue bird seems to be scolding me as I sit here gathering warmth and strength from sun. The sounds of the forest are more diverse now, some I have never heard before. It's time to get moving!

I leave you now as I must begin my play. Candy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kids, sounds like you are fine and still having fun. Will you be here for xmas for sure. Won't know what to do with your fruit cake. mom

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter