FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Happy Birthday Kristiina

Sorry for posting after your birthday, life on the road isn't always with wifi.

Your life as I know it; You are 17, a junior in high school, participating in Running Start (which will give you an AA when you graduate from high school), working part time in a restraunt, and you are a cheer leader.

I remember when I was 17; a senior in high school, scared of the future. I felt that I wasn't good enough to be or do anything. I felt insignificant in my mother and father's life, if I weren't around neither would have minded. My sister, Claudia, was making a sacrifice by providing room and board so that I could remain in the same school for two years and continue on the drill team, while she worked two jobs and went to college. I dropped out of all the classes that would help get me into college because I couldn't do the work (or didn't want to do the work). I believed mom when she told me I wasn't smart and would make a good homemaker and tried to manipulate my boyfriend into marrying me. I wanted very much to become engaged to get married by Christmas dance (it didn't happen). My 17th year was an emotional nightmare for me. I survived in that I breathed and ate, though I felt very, very lonely.

May you have a better year. Keep your eye on the future. Get a degree to provide for food, clothing and shelter needs so that when you get out there in the unprotected world your stuggle of discovering who and what you are will be less encumbered than mine.

I give you my love and support for the coming year. Grandma

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so do you miss being on-call most of your life? silly question huh, do you miss your wonderful coworkers that you left behind?

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter