FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Tur Duck Hen at Deep River

Candy and I are currently at Kem Chism's home near Naselle, Wa. in a small community called Deep River. She is my daughter-in-law and we just finished a wonderful Christmas Day dinner prepared by her. The turkey was actually a creation that you may have heard of that can be purchased from www.cajungrocers.com, called a Turducken. It is a boned turkey inside of which is a boned duck, inside of which is a boned chicken. In between the layers of bird are two great stuffings, one of cornbread, the other a spicey wild rice. When I sliced into it, all the layers just kind of blended together into one plateful of delicious flavors. I highly recommend it.

The newspaper article I mentioned in an earlier post, http://candyhunterblood.blogspot.com/2005/12/sea-ranch-lodge.html has appeared in the online archives of http://www.smalltownpapers.com/images/ICO.gif/p01.gif. It is not actually an article, but a photo with caption on the front page.

Well, a wonderful Christmas and New Year to all of my family that are not with me, Mom, Dad, Julie and Debbie, Scott and Janet, Bill and Shirley, and Roger and Wendy, Cal and Denise, Claude and Millie, Katie and John, Dane and Jessica, and all the readers of the this blog. May fortune smile upon you in the coming year.
Ron.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Aren't you glad you are not in Calif. at this time.

Steve

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter