FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Leaving Manchester Beach



The day dawns beautifully, and we are slowly getting packed to get back on the road. This Manchester Beach KOA is really a great place. Management is friendly, and the landscaping and setting among the big Monterey Pine trees is a childs delight. If I were a kid, you couldn't keep me from climbing in them. I haven't looked at a map yet today to see where we may land this evening, that is part of the fun, never knowing for sure where you are going to be at the end of the day. Ron.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron & Candy,

Rochelle and I have enjoyed your updates. It's inspiring to follow your adventure with it's challenges and rewards. In comparison we have it easy back here in Richland even as we train for a marathon in March and Ironman Canada next August. May the climbs and cars be few and the winds be to your back. Take care and disregard the rare negativity that may occur from time to time from those making comments from the comforts of their cozy home. You guys are on the right track. We all look forward to your next posting and adventure.

Joe & Rochelle

10:47 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Thanks for posting your soul searching thoughts. Nancy and I had a similar experience. We have 150 cc motorscooters. We had ambitions of touring the backroads in our retirement. One trip worked well, Richland to Vancouver Island - 1300 miles. Another was not so good. We started in Santa Rosa California andcame up the cost toward home. We got caught in the fog and rain around Florence and had to spend three days in a motel. We came to the conclusion that it was just unsafe for us to be on the road in bad visibility weather. We made it home fine, but have scaled back our plans. We will not attempt to cross the country on our scooters.

However, we have had wonderful adventures and the scooter travel strengthened the bond between us.

What ever you decide, I am confident that you will emerge from this adventure a stronger couple.

Chuck

8:52 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Ron and Candy,

I have been following your adventure with interest and have enjoyed your posts. We are all probably trying to live our lives through you guys being able to go out and travel around on the bikes. See new areas and meet new people. That would be an opportunity most people would enjoy. Enjoy yourselves in whatever you decide to do.

Steve Irwin

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter