FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pt. Arena, CA

Nov. 30. Tonight finds us at a KOA campground, or Kampground, as they say. Since a big windstorm is predicted to move in tonight around midnight, we decided to splurge on a Kamping Kabin. The darn thing costs as much as a decent motel room back in Washington. 58 dollars a night to be exact. I didn't balk too much though, especially when I found out that the office internet wireless network would reach Kabin number 18. Sold! Actually, this is one of the most beautiful KOA's I have seen. It is very big, and the trees all mature. They have given each campspot enough space to have a little privacy, though at this time of the year, the place is nearly empty. Our Kabin is a one room bunkhouse with a covered porch, a porch swing, a picnic table and a fire ring outside. Inside the decor is wood from the floor to the ceiling, with a double bed and two bunks. One stool and a small table to use for whatever. The wind is already starting to build outside. I am glad to be inside, warm and dry. Time to start dinner.

Ron.
California raccoons are bolder than Oregon raccoons, but not as fat. We had three eating our raisens and then trying to come into our cabin after I took the food away. Candy

1 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

Hi Candy and Ron,
I sure am enjoying reading your blog. Drew and I would like to do this kind of trip... but in our hippie van!

Cheers,
Marie (Phyllis)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter