FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Riverwood Campground

Nov. 21. Posting from the Riverwood Resort and Campground.  Located between Piercy and Legget, CA.  Nice private campground.  They don’t have internet, so this was written in word and posted today, but written on the 21st.  Happy Birthday Mom.  Lot’s of love from Candy and I.  Sorry I couldn’t call, but we have had no internet or cell phone signal for several days.  Weather is holding up for us.  We have been unbelievably lucky with the weather.  It’s been great for the last several weeks.  Couldn’t ask for better.  We are facing a big climb tomorrow, the highest yet of our trip, and I think, the highest on whole Pacific Coast bike route.  

We had a rear tire blowout yesterday.  We hit a sharp rock and sliced the sidewall.  Ruined the tire and the tube.  But no problems, just got to a wide spot on the shoulder, and installed the new tire and tube we have been carrying forever.  That took about 20 minutes.  While we were doing that, another cyclist loaded with touring gear stopped to take pictures of our rig.  He was from Japan, and started his trip in Anchorage, and is on his way to the tip of South America.  Candy told him to be sure and write to his mother.

We also met a man and his wife named Kirk and Suzie yesterday.  We actually had met Kirk several weeks before at a campground in Oregon, though Suzie was not with him at that time.  They passed us on the road and pulled over to say hello and let us meet Suzie.  Anyway, they are both such a wonderfully nice couple, and interesting too.  They traveled across the U.S. on bicycles with two young daughters when they were younger, which I cannot even imagine.  It’s difficult enough taking care of just ourselves on this trip.  No way would I have done this trip with children.  But they did it, and my hat is off to them.  Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter