FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Litter Gets My Goat

Litter Gets My Goat.

I taught my daughter to leave a place cleaner than when we arrived. When we went to the swimming hole on the South Toutle, we packed out our trash plus more. It is a way of life, clean up your mess. (Handy for an obsessive compulsive)

There seems to be a fair number of people who do not care where they put there garbage. There are bottles, cans, plastic containers, fast food wrappers, and coffee containers everywhere we have traveled. Even entire bags of trash are left along the side of the road.

I’ve heard arguments for saving the trees, whales, and fish. Drive efficient autos, down with SUV’s. The government is taking to much land, closing the parks to ATV’s; taxes are too high, too much pork, bridges to nowhere, rotten roads. Yadda, yadda, yadda! Why not shut up about what we can’t change without an act of congress and do something for all of humanity. Don’t litter. Pick up litter. Provide a place to put litter. Teach our children not to litter.

As Mike would say, “Its common sense” Candy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter