FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Elk, CA

Nov. 29th. After climbing up out the hole we were in at the Albion River Campground, we pedaled only about 10 miles to Elk and decided to spend the night there, as there was a state park. It was for day use only but we made some local inquiries and found that if we camped there no one would make a fuss, as long as we didn't call attention to ourselves. We found a great spot high on a cliff behind a wooden railing, overlooking the surf crashing below. After a dinner of my scratch beef stew, we turned in at 6:30. I offered to whip Candy at gin rummy again, but she declined, wanting to get to bed. We both slept very well, drifting off to the crashing of the waves about 170 feet below.

Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter