FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Olema

Dec 13.  It is morning and the sun is rising behind the partly cloudy sky.  We are in Olema at the Olema Ranch Campground, a nice enough place with all the amenities.  Last night we were treated to live music from the church grounds next to the campgrounds.  It was a Mexican celebration related to Christmas.  Is Dec 12th a part of the Mexican Christmas tradition?  I assume it is.  The sound of the live trumpet floating over the campground was wonderful.  I wandered over closer to have a look and saw something to envy.  What I saw was community, family, tradition, and joy.  When the entire group sang Felice Navidad I was back at our campsite listening with Candy, as she joined in quietly singing along with the English part of the song.  

We stopped at the public library in Point Reyes yesterday and used their free wireless to go online and buy airline tickets to go home for Christmas.  We will be leaving on the morning of Friday the 16th and returning on Sunday, January the 8th.  If anyone in the S.F. area can volunteer to store our trike and trailer while we are gone, it would be greatly appreciated.  If not, we will rent a storage space.  

The ride along Tomales Bay yesterday was great.  Traffic was light, the weather overcast and cool, but no rain.  The bay reminds me a little of Hoods Canal in Washington.  We stopped to eat lunch by the road at a spot overlooking some oyster beds and two platforms loaded with large seals.  I think they were seals.  Anyway they were fun to watch and listen to, as they seemingly quarreled with each other over space on the platform.

Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter