FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bodega Bay, CA

Dec. 07. Tonight we are in Bodega Bay, the town that was the setting for Hitchcock’s “The Birds”, a movie that really scared me as a kid. The ride from Jenner was kind of cold and rainy, but nothing like we experienced back in Sept. in Oregon. It is cold and windy enough that we decided to go for a room rather than camp, though cheap State Park camping is available nearby. Also factoring into our decision to pay for a room is the nearby availability of a laundry, and a business office with internet. We haven’t had television, internet, or a cell phone signal since we left Manchester Beach KOA. We haven’t had all three at the same time for weeks.

Ron.
We ate lunch at the Sandpiper, it's located right next to the harbor. There were hundreds of birds at the waters edge. I figure the writer of the birds may have been eating at the Sandpiper, maybe smoking some of Mendocino's "cash crop" and came up with a great movie. Candy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the posting and the pedaling. I'm enjoying your commentary and photos. You two are amazing people doing an amazing ride.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Candy and Ron said...

Thanks, David. Ron.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter