FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fredericksburg-Hill Country

We used Fredericksburg as our home base for our Hill Country trip with Julie and Debbie. We all agreed no drinking and riding, no problem, there was a tavern across the street from the motel. After settling in we went to the tavern and discovered they didn't serve food. As a round was being bought, I spotted the Budweiser sign that said welcome Hunters. Yes Claudia I tried to get a free beer because of my last name. I then tried to get sign, the owner wouldn't give it up but offered another one. It has a deer on it, which cracked Julie and I up because a deer jumped on Julie and her bike a week earlier in Oklahoma.

While planning the ride we were told that Hill Country is also Deer Country. We learned that the area holds the world's most dense population of deer. Most of the pickup trucks we saw had big heavy duty guards built to protect the front end from deer collisions.
Deer hunters get to bag 6 deer/license. We saw several herds of 10 or more every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter