FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Accidental meeting up with Scott

Uncle Ron shaking hands with Finn
Scott and Finn
Scott's wife, Janet (in the center)
Debbie and Finn, Game Boy players .
When Ron called Julie to let her know we were on the way to her place, Julie informed him that Scott, Janet, and Finn were visiting.
On this trip it seemed as though Ron didn't really care about the trip at all. I couldn't really say anything as I sort of manipulated the whole thing and with all the trouble with his bike I felt I was lucky he was talking to me. For the first time this trip he was excited.
Not only was he going to see Julie and Deb, he was going to see Scott!
He rode with great purpose from Little Rock to Dallas.
When we arrived we didn't see Finn's head for an hour, he was in the pool swimming underwater.
For those of you who don't know, Scott is Ron's little brother. Ron was away from home most of Scotts growing up and the two of them are now developing an adult to adult relationship instead of the little brother- big brother. It is a kick listening to their stories.
Imagine sitting around a fire next to a pool, family and friends, tipping a few sharing the past with us all. After a while it degenerated to singing Kareoke. Scott and Janet have wonderful voices. Jamie, Debs brother has a nice deep voice. I was the oldest person there and didn't know any of the songs, talk about feeling old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter