FOR THE HEALTH OF IT

The journey of my life.

Name:
Location: Anytown, USA, United States

I am a daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, lover, friend, and nurse. I have lived my life trying to please everyone. I'm not sure what would be left if those titles were to go away. About Ron: I am Candy's husband. My previous life before undertaking this trip was working in the paper manufacturing industry in the Pacific Northwest. I am taking this time off to have the adventure of my life, meet new people, get fit, discover our country on a more personal level, and accomplish something that I will always remember which is to circumnavigate the US on a HPV(Human Powered Vehicle). I am 52.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Julie gets hit by a doe




Traveling north on Hwy 82 on our way to Stigler, OK, Ron was in the lead, Julie in between us, and me bringing up the rear. The weather was great, in the 70's, even though we wiped ice of the bikes. We had just passed some small wild fires that were started by lightening, made a left hand turn, a nice straight away with a right had turn and another straight away, Ron gets on it. Ron passed three does on the right, he said he didn't even see them, and was gone. Julie rides slower than Ron and saw a doe jump up and turn away from her to the front. A second doe blindly following the first, jumps right into Julie. I watched the doe and Julie travel several feet together, their heads at the same level, looking like Julie had scooped it up around the middle, legs flailing about wildly. A 3rd doe jumps from the side and turns toward me and scampers off the road. I'm slowing down wondering what evasive movement I need to make, guessing which way Julie and the doe were going to fall. The doe falls, bounces off the road a couple of times, jumps the fence and takes off, last seen with an abrasion on its right shoulder. Julie continues riding down the road and gives me a high sign saying she was OK! She rounds the corner, notices the front right turn signal was missing and thought she better stop and check if she was hurt. As you can see in the pictures her tank was dented, the engine guard was pushed into the brake and foot board as well. Julie sad her shoulder hurt but not to bad. She did not fall down!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter